DuraFuse™ Bioabsorbable Clips For Spinal Dura Closure
DuraFuse Bioasorbable clips for spinal dura closure
Avoid penetrating devices that can cause CSF leakage, increased operative time, longer hospital stays, and costly patches and sealants.
Non-penetrating Solution for Spinal Closure
Avoid the risk of potential CSF leaks with suture and other penetrating devices.
Rapid. Simple. Secure.
Multiple clips can be deployed quickly for large dural openings, reducing operative time compared with suture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Indications: DuraFuse Clips are indicated for open and tubular retractor procedures of the spine in the prone position for approximation/attachment and/or closure of the dura mater in neurosurgical and orthopedic spine procedures.
Contraindications: DuraFuse Clips are contraindicated in the following situations:
- For patients with a known sensitivity to bioabsorbable polymers such as
- For repair of cranial dural tissue around the skull
- Dural tissue cannot be properly everted due to anatomical limitations
- Dural tissue is too friable for the use of sutures
- Do not use DuraFuse Clips in sites with acute or chronic infections
- Failure to appropriately evert the dural ends can result in improper closure, which can cause possible cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leakage and/or neural tissue adhesions.
- DO NOT over‐apply Clips or they may not form a seal. Too much dural tissue inserted into Clip opening can interrupt formation of a seal, allowing CSF to leak out of the closure site.
- Clips should be placed together closely, but not directly touching. A gap of approximately 0.5 mm is acceptable.
- Instrument breakage or damage, as well as tissue damage, may occur when an instrument is subjected to excessive loads, improper use, or unintended use.
- Improper insertion of the device can lead to soft tissue complications.
- The instruments are intended only for professional use by a licensed physician.
- Tissue damage
- Blood leakage
- Nerve injury
- Steal phenomenon
- CSF leak
- Neuropathic pain
- Spinal infarction
VIEW The PRODUCT CATALOG
Click below to see our complete catalog. Explore the entire collection of products facilitating natural tissue regeneration.
Get in touch
Want to get in touch? We’re here and ready to help you.
Complete the contact form below and someone from our team will respond to you shortly.